... of meditative musings:
- a waft of gratitude to Ali Edwards for her 27th Creative Lift this week, and the heart-lifting reminder in her first paragraph that if we chastise ourselves for not having enough creative energy, it might be because we are investing it in something we might not have considered creative at all - but is.
- a frisson of amusement when Boden's autumn catalogue plopped onto the doormat. It features - wait for it - an Alexa dress. Whaddya think? Yes? No?
- a moment of illumination when scanning the new term's classes in the local Adult Education brochure: I could take an 'Award in Door Supervision, Level 2'. No wonder we could never keep the darn things closed when the children were small - we'd never been trained!
- a rush of excitment when I clicked the PayPal icon for Alisa Burke's new class Ode to Nature in August after being seduced by the video: barefoot seashore roaming (Note to self: move to coast and buy tripod), skimming through the water (NB borrow canoe), and trekking through the undergrowth (Memo: locate neighbourhood jungle).
- a sigh of relief when Jen Louden gave us permission to 'copy consciously': a camping magazine at the dentists' (don't you just love waiting rooms?) has provided the inspiration for a layout design to capture my weekend's photos and memories
- and a sign of relaxation as we settle into the warmest evening of the year: it's dark outside and still 19.5C (66.5F). Whoo-hoo! Now, where's that Martini (and mask to protect us from the midge fest)? :)