Well, you are right up against the buffers - this is the terminus, and welcome! If you've arrived here having jumped on at the last stop, The Station Master might just have to send you back to the booking office over at Julie's Letting The days Roll By for a ticket :). I hope you've enjoyed seeing how Julie's initial sketch has evolved as each of us in this imaginative Pass The Page Blop Hop has reinterpreted it. Just in case you arrived via a branch line or want to go back and revisit, the full list of stations looks like this:
Deb's lovely version with its vintage feel is here (don't you just love these pretty hair styles) ...
I love Deb's use of 'white' space, with a perfect paper for the era of her photo, and the grouping of the embellishments which pulls your eye to the central picture (not to mention all that careful cutting and matting!) and I wanted to honour those in a contemporary setting. (You might even notice that some of my papers are, in the modern fashion, 'wonky' - eek!). My take on Deb's looks like this:
- focus on a single photo
- share a similar theme of a family group
- use the colours pink and blue, with some flowers
- incorporate a coloured border: Deb's around the photo, mine around the background
- slip a horizontal border behind the photo: I've used a scattering of beads
- cluster elements together: embellishments (Deb's), mats/tags (mine)
- add rounded edges: Deb in her bird and fruits and journalling spots, and I've softened the corners of the papers
- have two sections of journalling, one above the other
- like a large area of 'white' space
Thank-you, Deb! Julie, it has been great fun to do: thank-you to you too for all your hard work in setting it up, and many congratulations on its success. Hoping that all of you reading along, as well as our talented co-participants, have enjoyed it as well, and wishing you happy and creative times - full steam ahead to the weekend, toot-toooooot!