It's dark here, hence the shadowy photo. But not because it's night. Oh no. This is a foggy winter's morning in the northern hemisphere - welcome! And what's on my workdesk this Wednesday?
- Transformer. Not, as I thought when I plugged it in cheerfully, the transformer for my laptop. Alas no. It turned out to be the transformer for my Craft Robo. The Craft Robo really didn't mind. The laptop, however, did. Note to self: keep window open to disperse burning smell and label all transformers and leads forthwith. It will keep you occupied and distract you from thinking about item number 3.
- Print-out from Twitter all about retweeting. Way back last July, in a moment of rash derring-do, I signed up for Twitter, tweeted once and then promptly fell silent for six months. I didn't have a clue what to do. Now, thanks to Julie's splendid and just-started class, I am determined to at least find out. I amazed myself yesterday by clicking on the Find Out More button on Twitter - that's the sort of confidence Julie gives you :).
- See that red writing sideways on? It says ominously "31 January is the online filing and payment deadline". I've covered it half up because just thinking about my tax return makes me a bit faint. Only another hundred hours left in which to procrastinate and feel poorly ...
- Four, is Rab, a gift handmade my very talented and creative friend, Amanda, who has a special giveaway right now to celebrate her blog birthday. Rab appears on my desk from time to time to remind me that he was originally born into a home where the sewing machine was in constant creative use, and that it is time I got out mine because - much as he likes to perch on top of my pile of mending - he can't do it all on his own. I'm listening, my little leporine buddy. I'll get back to you right after item number 3. Sorry, Rab? Oh, right - he says to let you know he has a backstory, as my journalistically-inclined DD calls it.
- John McWade's wonderful "How To Design Cool Stuff", pages 32 and 33 on Colour Palettes. I love this man. He's right here, and here, so you can get to love him too. Hasn't he got the nicest crinkly smile?
- Well, the best I can say is that it's a layout and it's underway. A trial print. Teacher's verdict? Needs more work. And a bit of Colour Palette magic. I'll have it done by Friday, if you'd like to pop back then. And as soon as I've finished it, I'm really going to have no option but to attend to ... you've guessed it, item number 3.
And there you have it - but there's lots more WOYWs over at Julia's Stamping Ground. Enjoy! Now, just where did I put that big pile of receipts ...